Friday, October 28, 2016

Fabulously Feminine

Hello everyone,

Today's birthday card has a real vintage feeling that it really appealing.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Close To My Heart Goldrush.  The images are Stampin' Up Thanks For Caring stamped in Certainly Celery on Whisper White, coloured with watercolour crayons and layered on more Goldrush.  The sentiment is Sweet & Sassy Script Birthdays stamped in Always Artichoke.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.

This card is the I SPI take on vintage.  I was really drawn to the colours in this paper and the watercolour effect used for the flowers.  It is just so very girlishly pretty and it prompted me to choose these equally pretty images.  I used watercolour crayons for colouring so they'd work even better with the printed paper and did they ever!  The ribbon, which is also a little on the old fashioned side, just adds to the overall vintage feel.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle


No comments:

Post a Comment