Monday, October 17, 2016

Fall Texture

Hello everyone,

Today's post uses an embossing folder that I also picked up this past Saturday.


The background layers are Stampin' Up Crushed Curry textured with Darice Fall Leaves Swirl embossing folder and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen, Gina K Chocolate Brown and a textured rust of unknown origin (likely Bazzill).  The printed paper was made using the shaving cream technique with Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango and River Rock ink on Recollections Vanilla, die cut with DoCrafts X Cut Leaves and highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The sentiment is Avery Elle So Happy stamped in Dusty Durango on Recollections Vanilla.

These die cut leaves are amazing!  With a little bit of glitter (which doesn't show up in the photo), they are just about over the top.  I knew, as soon as I SPI'd this embossing folder, I'd be taking it home.  It's a folder that I will use over and over.  I don't often pair yellow and brown together but in this case, I really wanted a bit of pop.  I think it grounds what is actually a pretty busy card.  You can't see it but I've actually put another leaf inside the card.  I had planned to use all five (odd numbers) die cut leaves but couldn't find a way to make it work.  I then realized that the sentiment panel makes up the odd numbered element and I'm quite happy!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment