Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Golden Leaves

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another shaving cream technique card.


The printed paper was made using the shaving cream technique with Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango and River Rock ink on Recollections Vanilla and layered on Stampin' Up River Rock and Close To My Heart Autumn Terracotta.  The images are Peel-Off's Mark Richards Gold Leaves affixed to vellum and painted with LuminArte Amber Bronze, Blushing Caramel, Dreamsicle, Mocha Rose, Natural Linen and Pale Porcelain Twinkling H2Os.  The sentiment is of unknown origin stamped in Early Espresso.  The ribbon is Michael's Special Value.  The embellishments are Mark Richards 3mm gold metals.

I picked up a new set of Twinkling H2Os and of course, along with all the other new goodies, just couldn't resist giving them a try.  The colours are more pale and natural than the others in my stash.  They worked rather well on the vellum and I can't wait to try them on watercolour paper and on black cardstock.  Even with the large block of printed paper, which I thought was rather awkward, I love the result.  I think the key really was in the placement of the painted leaves.  I'll certainly take it!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment