Thursday, December 22, 2016

Jolly Old St. Nick

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas card post is a striking Santa.


The printed papers are Stampin' Up Snow Festival.  The image/sentiment is Paper Inspirations Jolly Santa stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Recollections White and layered on Garden Green.  The embellishments are K&Company EB Visions of Christmas.

This card looks easy but it took a number of attempts to get this image stamped.  It's a large image and if not carefully inked, it looks terrible.  My first attempt was so crooked, I ran out of paper to fix it.  The second attempt ended up with a terrible Cherry Cobbler smear.  The third time was the charm.  I debate layering with Cherry Cobbler but felt the Garden Green really helped the image pop.  I wanted it to pop after all the failed attempts.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment