Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Whimsical Wishes

Hello everyone,

Today's a very feminine birthday card for the newbie carders.


The printed papers are Stampin' Up Cottage Wall.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Beautiful Birthday stamped in Rich Razzleberry on Whisper White and layered on more Cottage Wall.  The butterfly embellishment is Joy Crafts Vintage Flourishes 6003/0023 die cut from Rich Razzleberry that was painted with LuminArte Black Cherry Twinkling H2Os.  The embellishments are Crafts Rhinestone Strips.

One of the girls loves burgundy and, thinking of her, I decided to use some of this beautiful Cottage Wall paper.  It is long gone from the Stampin' Up catalog but is one of my all time favourites.  I actually hoard the pages I've got left.  I thought this butterfly die worked really well with the flourishes on the printed paper.  I decided to paint it, not only to add some interest, but because it was totally lost against the background paper.  I do love the slightly darker tone of the Rich Razzleberry once it was painted.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment