Saturday, January 14, 2017

Bird Luck

Hello everyone,

Today's card uses some of the leftover pieces from yesterday's Wild Hibiscus card.


The images are Altenew Wild Hibiscus stamped on watercolour paper in VersaMark, heat embossed with Close To My Heart black embossing powder and painted with LuminArte Blue Zircon, Buttercup, Mediterranean Blue, Mystic Blue, Olive Vine and Pale Porcelain Twinkling H2Os.  The background images are Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge and Close To My Heart Ink Blot stamped in Altenew Sea Shore inks and highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The sentiment is Creative Expressions More Scribbled Sentiments stamped in Altenew Emerald on Whisper White and layered on Bazzill Green.

OK so maybe I went a little over board on the background splatter.  I've been really intent on focusing on stamping instead of layering with printed paper.  I had this idea to stamp a background that picks up on the tones of the teal in the flower.  I think if I'd left it at the lines and smaller speckles, it would be exactly what I'd intended.  At the moment, it looks like the bird ate something really bad!  I think the idea was great, the execution just bad, so very bad.  This may require a re-do.  I'll keep you posted.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment