Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Tulips In The Wind

Hello everyone,

The card in today's post is of a bunch of tulips cased from a beautiful Pinterest card.


The image is Stampin' Up Terrific Tulips stamped in Altenew Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris, Midnight Violet, Stampin' Up Wild Wasabi, and Close To My Heart Sweetleaf on a vanilla of unknown origin, and layered on a shimmery vanilla of unknown origin.  The background was sponged with Altenew Arctic and Dusk, and Stampin' Up Baja Breeze and Illuminate.  The sentiment is Just Rite Large Fancy Sentiments stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.

Pinterest is one of the best places for inspiration when I'm playing with a new stamp.  In this case, I was trying to figure out colour combinations.  I didn't have a lot of time to experiment because these cards had to be ready for my brother to take home.  I'm quite happy with the result especially the sponged background as this technique is not one I'm particularly fond of.  I loved the way the tulips seemed to move into the center of the paper.  I thought this would make a pretty nice sympathy card but I didn't want to use a sympathy stamp in case my brother's girlfriend wanted to use it for some other purpose.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment