Monday, April 10, 2017

Perfect Plaid

Hello everyone,

In the donated material from Crop A While, I came across three small scraps of a great plaid that I thought would be perfect for masculine cards.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow and Basic Black.  The Mossy Meadow layer was textured with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The sentiment is Gina K Labeled With Love stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on an ivory of unknown origin.  The banners were punched from Basic Black.  The embellishments are EK Success Shimmering Silver Dots.

This is such an perfect plaid for some masculine cards.  When I was first putting these elements together, I felt the Mossy Meadow layer needed texture.  I thought I had a plaid embossing folder but couldn't find it so I ended up using this Swiss Dot folder.  It was a good choice, maybe better than a plaid, because of the subtle contrast with the lines of the plaid.  Of course, I've been loving this little banner punch so couldn't resist adding them to this card.  Banners and plaid are a great combination.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment