Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Poinsettia Strip

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas card use another beautiful strip of printed paper.


The printed paper is Echo Park "I Love Christmas" Border Strips layered on a red and green Bazzill.  The sentiment is Kaisercraft Christmas Sentiments stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Stampin' Up Whisper White and layered on more red Bazzill.  The embellishments are Recollections Rhinestones.

I had such success with the truck strips paper that when I saw more great Christmas strips I decided to try my luck again.  I must have used all my bad carding karma on yesterday's card because this is all good!  I chose this particular sentiment because the font style speaks to the pine boughs on the printed paper.  I had originally stamped the sentiment directly on the printed paper (hoping for quick and easy) but the impression was really bad and I didn't want to risk flubbing it further by trying again with my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.  A cover-up was the solution and even though it hides some of the printed paper, I think this card turned out just fine.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment