Sunday, April 23, 2017

Purple Peace

Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago I stamped a ream of images from a set I borrowed from a neighbor.  The next couple of posts shows what I did with the Christmas images.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a shimmery ivory of unknown origin and Close To My Heart Thistle.  The image is Stampin' Up Nature's Secret stamped in Altenew Cosmic Berry on Very Vanilla.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.

I love mixing things up every now and again to craft a really non-traditional Christmas card.  This card is really, really purple in the photo but quite a bit more pink in reality.  I bemoan my picture-taking skills.  Regardless, the ink colours were choose specifically to work with the printed chevron paper upon which the image is layered.  It has some beautiful and rich non-traditional winter colours.  I love this type of image/sentiment because the focal point is all in a single panel.  These images are little large in scale for the card size but I rather like the boldness.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle  

No comments:

Post a Comment