Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A Yellow Butterfly

Hello everyone,

Today’s post is one of those cards that should have been quicker and easier than I made it. 


The printed paper is of unknown origin highlighted with Star Dust Stickles.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Happy Birthday stamped in Stampin’ Up Early Espresso.  The butterfly was die cut from So Saffron with Joy Crafts Floral Flourishes 6003/0006 die and highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.

This is actually ‘take two’ as the first attempt had such a badly placed sentiment, I couldn't fit the butterfly without it looking terribly awkward.  There is something about the combined graph and circle elements that I find particularly appealing on this paper.  I used a more smallish vertical sentiment because I thought it was interesting on the squares which certainly made alignment a breeze.  I got the idea for this butterfly from last Tuesday's Italian card.  In this case, I found the So Saffron rather bland so I gave it a bit of shine with the Wink of Stella.  A pretty good result notwithstanding the frustration.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment