Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Santa's Window II

Hello everyone,

Yesterday's card turned out so well (notwithstanding the smooshed ink on the inside) that I decided to try again with a red card base.


The image is Rubber Stamped Santa Collage stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed with Stampin' Up white embossing powder.  The sentiment is Technique Tuesday Jingle All The Way also stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed with Stampin' Up white embossing powder.  The embellishments are Recollections enamel dots.

I knew that using this red card base would require embossing for any image/sentiment to work.  Unfortunately, this image is so detailed, it wasn't the best choice for heat embossing.  I did everything right, I used my embossing buddy, I tried not to press the stamp to hard, I wasn't overly generous with the embossing powder, but the image still isn't as sharp as I would have liked.  The sentiment is perfect!  I'll likely keep this card for myself too just because the quality of the image isn't what I'd want to put forward for the sale.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment