Sunday, August 6, 2017

In Lavender

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the last Christmas card of the extended 'Christmas In July' series.


The printed paper is of unknown origin.  The background text panel is a stamp of unknown origin stamped in an ink of unknown origin on a white of unknown origin and layered on Close To My Heart Gypsy.  The image is Rubber Stampede Santa Collage stamped in Altenew Deep Iris on a Bazzill white and layered on more Gypsy.  The image is highlighted with Lavender Stickles.

I know Santa should not be purple but this snowflake paper just cried out for purple!  All the elements in this card stem from the donated printed paper which I thought worked particularly well with the donated light blue card base.  Given the busy background paper, the busy text panel and the very detailed image, I chose to layer with a solid paper to break up all the patterns.  I don't think these three patterns would work so well together if  they weren't separated by the Gypsy.

I have really enjoyed crafting all of the cards in this year's Christmas In July series.  There will be more Christmas cards to come as I've a few holiday orders and a swap still to craft.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment