Saturday, September 2, 2017

An Acorn Wish

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a more masculine birthday card.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a Bazzill orange.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Happy Birthday stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso on Recollections Vanilla and highlighted with Avocado Liquid Pearls.  The wooden embellishment is of unknown origin sponged with Altenew Autumn Blaze, Bamboo, Espresso, Firebrick, Mocha and Orange Cream.

I found a number of these wooden embellishments in the Crop A While box of donations.  I didn't quite know what I was going to do with them but I found them very appealing.  I decided this striped paper would make a perfect backdrop for this wooden oak leaf and acorn.  I'm not sure a busier background paper would have worked as well.  I also like the fall colours in the strips and figured if I echoed them when I sponged the embellishment, it would probably work out all right.  It's actually even better than I imagined.  This would be the perfect card for a nature lover!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment