Saturday, September 23, 2017

Watercolour Poppy

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another watercolor birthday card.


The image is Stampin' Up Asian Artistry which was coloured with a variety of Stampin' Up watercolour crayons and spritzed with water then stamped on Recollections White. The image panel was layered on a black Bazzill, and red and gold Black Ink Decorative Paper.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up It's Your Birthday stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.

I've purposely kept these watercolour cards simple in terms of layouts and embellishments because I want the focus to be on the striking images.  In this case, I decided to use some fancy papers for layering.  While these papers are beautiful, I find them a little tricky to use.  Cutting requires a fresh new blade otherwise, it just tears.  Applying adhesive can also be a challenge because the paper is rather delicate and will buckle and shift.  That said, in this particular case the card turned out exactly as I'd hoped.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment