Tuesday, November 7, 2017

More Painted Holly

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another hand painted Christmas card.


The image is Penny Black Christmas Wishes stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White.  The image is painted with LuminArte Mango Mamba, Olive Vine, Poppy Red and Ruby Red Twinkling H2Os.  The sentiment is also Penny Black Christmas Wishes and is also stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White.  The image and sentiment are layered on shimmery green Bazzill, and an unknown red and burnished gold.  The image panel is highlighted with Holly Stickles.

I've had this stamp set for quite some time but I don't often use it because I find it really challenging.  I decided to paint it, as well as a couple of images from the set, to see if I couldn't appreciate better it in another light.  I do like the different reds but the green came out a little darker than I would have liked.  While this isn't my most favourite result, it didn't turn out too badly when all is said and done.  The other images, which I'll blog tomorrow, turned out even better.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment