Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A Bit Of Retro

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a rather fun retro card.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Recollection yellow and Bazzill Bitter Chocolate.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Four You stamped in Early Espresso on more Recollections yellow and layered on more Bitter Chocolate.  The banners were punched from Stampin' Up Cajun Craze.  The card is highlighted with Cinnamon Stickles.

I chose to use this paper because I found the colours and the pattern so appealing.  As much as I loved the colours, it took me forever to find solid colours with which to work with and I really like the results.  Once I settled on the neutral dark brown and light yellow layers, the card came together really easily.  I used a very simple layout, adding the rust banners for extra interest.  The retro printed design was absolutely made for Stickles!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment