Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A Little Birdie

Hello everyone,

After being so happy with yesterday's card I decided to try another new stamp set and a favourite technique.


The image is Stampin' Up Petal Palette coloured with Tombow 055, 076, 098, 126, 837, 977, N35 and N57, and stamped on Recollections Vanilla and layered on Stampin' Up River Rock and Close To My Heart Barn Red.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Six-Sided Sampler stamped in Close To My Heart Slate ink.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Mocha Opaques.

I seem to keep going back to the nature tones/themes for this commission.  I picked up this stamp set especially for this sweet bird image which is just the perfect scale for cards and offers great colouring opportunities.  While I used markers for this card, I know it will also look wonderful done in watercolour crayons.  I experimented with the branch, using two different greens, and I think it turned out quite well.  This sentiment covers up a 'mistake' as the first impression was done with too light an ink colour.  I ended up brushing the edge of the oval along the ink pad to add just a hint of an outline so it wouldn't blend in with the background quite so much.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment