Saturday, February 10, 2018

Beautiful In Blue

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a birthday card I crafted for a girlfriend who celebrated her special day in late January.


The image is IndigoBlu Ink Splat Butterfly stamped in Close To My Heart Peacock on Recollections White and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen and Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The image is layered on Close To My Heart Peacock and Paper Accents Glossy Mirror Silver.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Happy Birthday heat embossed with Stampin' Up white embossing powder on Close To My Heart Peacock.

When I came across this stamp at my local scrapbook shop, I just had to put it in my basket.  It combines the grunge and butterfly graphics that I find so appealing.  I hadn't intended to glitter it up quite so much but after I'd applied the Sakura pen, I wasn't happy with the results so attempted to improve the shading with the Wink of Stella.  It's helped, but likely would have been more pleasing if I'd just left it alone in the first place.  Less can be more!  I really love the stamp and had a great time choosing which colour I'd use.  The layers are the new light/dark Close To My Heart paper and it worked wonderfully for this card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment