Friday, February 16, 2018

Interestingly Inked

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a more general purpose card.


The printed paper is My Mind's Eye Vanity Fair layered on Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy.  The image is Stampin' Up Just Believe stamped in Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate, Rust and Thyme on Recollections Vanilla.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped in more Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate.  The banners were punched from more Bravo Burgundy.  The embellishments are brads of unknown origin.

One great thing about larger commissions such as this is that I have an opportunity to experiment.  I decided to try playing with inking.  The few Tsukineko inks I have are ovals which are easier to play with on these bigger stamps.  I particularly love this image and using only three colours of ink, I think I got a nice variety of colour on the image.  The ink colours don't match the background paper perfectly but it still works just fine.  The Kraft card base makes this card even more interesting.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment