Saturday, March 3, 2018

Dark Wings

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another Yupo / alcohol ink experiment.


The image is Stampin' Up Swallowtail stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Yupo paper that was sprinkled with a variety of Ranger alcohol ink.  The focal panel is layered on Stampin' Up Whisper White and a violet of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Avery Elle So Happy stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on more Whisper White.  The embellishments are Recollections Rhinestone Borders.

This is another card that was a tough to craft.  I originally used Brusho on the Yupo paper but it was just awful!  The great thing about Yupo paper is that because it's a synthetic paper, the Brusho washed right off. allowing for a do over!  I decided to go back to the alcohol inks and I while I love the background, the image actually smeared.  I decided to try lightening the ink with a cotton swab dipped in Ranger alcohol ink blending solution.  It's not the greatest but it is interesting.  I wish I could have gotten the image even lighter but it was time to just stop!  I don't hate this card but it's not my favourite swallowtail card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment