Thursday, March 15, 2018

Retro Iris Wishes

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a birthday card that recycles a vintage sympathy card.


The image panel is a recycled card layered on Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry and Wild Wasabi.  The shapes were cut with Spellbinders oval Nestabilities.  The sentiment is Flonz Happy Birthday stamped in Rich Razzleberry.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.  The card is highlighted with White Opal Liquid Pearls.

I managed to salvage three pieces from this single, beautiful sympathy card.  I love the purples and greens in the images which are so delicate.  I was attempting to craft this card to evoke an old photo portrait and I think it's not too bad.  The sentiment font has the feel of old-style pen and ink which just adds to the overall vintage feeling.  I really like the result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment