Thursday, March 22, 2018

Retro Puppy Love

Hello everyone,

Today's recycled card uses one of two images harvested from the original card.


The image is from a recycled card and is layered on Close To My Heart Glacier and Buttercup.  The layered was cut with a scalloped oval Spellbinders Nestabilities die.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Itty Bitty Banners stamped in Soft Suede on Recollections Vanilla and cut with the coordinating Sizzix Itty Bitty Banners Framelit.  The card is highlighted with Gilded Gold Stickles.

This little puppy is seriously adorable!  I really love the artwork on the card and was thrilled to find a second image on the inside of the original card.  The kerchief is very '70s!  I think I did a much better job with the Stickles placement using more restraint than I showed on yesterday's teddy card.  I've had this Stampin' Up sentiment set for a while and it's not a favourite.  It's exceptionally challenging to get the die centered over the image/words.  I added the banner otherwise I felt the sentiment would float too much.  It worked really well for connecting the image panel with the sentiment.  A great result!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment