Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Retro Sweet Girl


Hello everyone,

Today’s post is a loving recycled card.  This card uses part of a card my parents received when I was born.  A few years ago my mother gave me a batch of cards she'd saved for all these years.  We’re talking late 1960s and early 1970s.   I've decided to try to recycle some of them.


The image panel is a recycled card layered on a brushed gold of unknown origin, Recollections vanilla and Stampin’ Up Pink Pirouette.  The sentiment is Creative Expressions Elegant Alphabet stamped in Altenew Pinkalicious.  The card is embellished with Petal Pink Liquid Pearls.

This was originally a baby girl card but after I cut it down, I realized it could be a lovely little girl card.  I didn’t quite know what to do with all these beautiful, retro cards and to be honest; I put them in and pulled them out of the blue bin a couple of times before deciding that I could make some really beautiful new cards.  I wish I’d though to take pictures of the original cards before I put them in the paper cutter.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.


Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment