Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Vintage Teddy

Hello everyone,

Today's recycled card uses a sweet teddy bear image.


The image is from a recycled card layered on Close To My Heart Hollyhock and Stampin' Up Smokey Slate.  The layers were cut with a variety of Spellbinders Nestabilities.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped in Altenew Pure Graphite on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Hollyhock.  The ribbon is Multicrafts.  The card is highlighted with a gold Pentel Sunburst Metallic pen.

So I may have gone a little overboard with the gold Pentel pen.  I started replicating the dots on the original image but I just kept going.  It works just fine but I think I could have followed the 'less is more' principle.  I love this little bear image.  The grey and pink are not subtle and it was easier than I thought to find coordinating colours.  I seem to be turning to scallops for these vintage cards because it really seems to work in this context.  I did something a little different by raising the image panel on dimensionals instead of raising the sentiment.  I like the change.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment