Wednesday, May 2, 2018

More Yellow Roses

Hello everyone,

Today's post uses some of the leftover pieces from yesterday's card.


The card base Stampin' Up River Rock.  The sentiment is Flonz Happy Birthday stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso on a white of unknown origin and layered on Close To My Heart Lemon.  The flowers are Altenew Vintage Flowers stamped in Citrus Burst, Forest Glades, Frayed Leaf, Fresh Lemon, Maple Yellow, Olive, and Warm Sunshine on a white of unknown origin and cut with the coordinating die.  The embellishments are Crafts Rhinestone strips.

Just in case, I always stamp and cut a few extra pieces when I'm using Altenew images and dies.  As a bonus, I often have enough pieces to craft a second (or third, or fourth) card.  I really love these yellow roses.  They are so bright and fresh on a gloomy spring day.  I think I may have found the trick to placing the bling.  As I was reading Susan Raihala's Simplicity blog last week, she wrote about bling placement using a visual triangle in this great post.  This bling placement isn't too bad but the triangles are a little to equilateral.  Though, adding bling to the small flowers do help.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment