Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Pretty In Purple

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a birthday card crafted for a girlfriend.


The card base is Stampin' Up Elegant Eggplant.  The images are Stampin' Up Bordering On Romance stamped on a white of unknown origin with Versafine Onyx Black and clear heat embossed.  The images were painted with LuminArte Emerald, English Lavender, Mango Mambo, Royal Orchid and Sugar Plum.  The sentiment is Stampendous Retro Happy Birthday stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The image/sentiment panel is layered on a Ranger alcohol-inked glossy paper and more white of unknown origin.

My girlfriend's power colour is purple so I wanted it to be the theme of her birthday card.  As I was painting, I figured it would be 'cool' to layer with some alcohol inked paper and I was relieved to find a piece in my stash that worked so perfectly.  I have to say, I'm having a lot of fun using coloured card bases.  In my mind, it certainly makes my cards more interesting.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment