Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Out Of The Woods

Hello everyone,

Today's post is intended to be a more masculine birthday card.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Crushed Curry and Old Olive.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Happy Birthday stamped in Early Espresso on Recollections White and layered on a banner die cut with Sizzix Banners Framelits from Recollections Kraft.  The embellishment is My Mind's Eye Sleigh Bells Ring Wood Dots.

This is great paper for making more masculine/neutral cards.  I used a Kraft paper card base and also for layering because it just the feeling I was trying to evoke.  I wish I had used a bigger banner and maybe instead of using kraft paper I could have used the same green or yellow that was used in the layers.  I think using the wooden dot was inspired.  It's a great result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment