Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Tragic Sympathy

Hello everyone,

Today's post is one of the most difficult sympathy cards I've ever crafted.  It is for a colleague whose new born baby tragically passed away earlier this summer.


The image is a recycled baby card layered on Stampin' Up Mint Macaroon and Pink Pirouette.  The Mint Macaroon was textured with Crafts-Too Butterflies embossing folder.  The sentiment is Verve Forever In Our Heart stamped on Recollections Vanilla in Stampin' Up Soft Suede.  The embellishment is Marianne Design Butterflies.

This was a very difficult card to craft.  It is rare, in my experience, for babies to pass away in this day and age.  When crafting this card I focused on the parents, a very wonderful couple, whose sadness I'm certain knows no bounds.  I felt this particular sentiment was especially heartfelt and I hope this card made them feel better, if only for a moment.

Please come back and SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment