Sunday, November 18, 2018

Black Magic Duo

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a pair of 'black magic' cards.


The card base is Recollections Black.  The image is Stampin' Up Bordering on Romance stamped on Recollections Black in Ranger Glacier White and heat embossed with Stampin' Up white embossing powder.  The images are painted with LuminArte Mango Mamba, Mystic Blue, Blue Zircon, Bolivian Blue and Moss Agate Twinkling H2Os.  The image panel is layered on a white of unknown origin.


The card base is Recollections Black.  The image is Stampin' Up Embrace Life stamped on Recollections Black in Ranger Glacier White and heat embossed with Stampin' Up white embossing powder.  The images are painted with LuminArte Lemongrass, Coral Berry, Deep Coral, Mango Mamba and Playful Peony Twinkling H2Os.  The image panel is layered on a white of unknown origin and DCWV All About Girls.

This is a favourite stamping technique.  I love the pop of colour on a black background.  I've never really been able to find a good white ink so I use white embossing powder.  As an added benefit, embossing helps keep the paint inside the lines.  Once I decided to do these two cards, I thought it would be interesting to do one in red and one in blue.  These two stamp sets I've used before when do this technique as I find they're perfect for painting.  Both results are fantastic!

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment