Monday, December 10, 2018

Poinsettias And Plaid

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a Christmas card that uses stamped images that I found in my stash of leftover pieces.


The card base is Recollections Black.  The printed paper is Photoplay Made 4 Plaid Christmas layered on Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler.  The images are Stampin' Up Watercolor Winter stamped on Whisper White in Versafine Onyx Black, and Stampin' UP Mossy Meadow and Cherry Cobbler.  The poinsettias are highlighted with Mercury Glass Stickles.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Clear Stamp Set also stamped on Whisper White with Versafine Onyx Black.  The ribbons is Michael's and the brad is American Crafts.

I love this Stampin' Up set.  It's a two-step stamp that is really quite easy to use and is just striking when stamped.  I can't figure out why I'd not used it earlier but suspect it was an extra from a square card.  I took advantage of the red to use more of the sheer red Michael's ribbon.  Instead of using an embellishment, I was inspired to place the sentiment on the knot.  It was a bit tricky to level it properly so it would get crushed.  A great Christmas card!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle


No comments:

Post a Comment