Thursday, February 14, 2019

Butterfly Flight

Hello everyone,

Today's birthday card post is an interesting mix of inks and layers.


The card base is Craft Smith.  The image is Memory Box First Flight stamped in Tsukineko Delicata 4 Metals ink on a white of unknown origin.  The image panel is layered on a dark pink Bazzill and a brushed gold of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Gina K Framed Greetings stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso.  The card is highlighted with Platinum Liquid Pearls.

I absolutely regret adding the Liquid Pearls to this card!  I should have just left it alone and it would have been perfect!  That said, it wasn't horrible enough to start over.  This is another stamp that I've had for a long time.  I was, of course, drawn to the butterflies.  It's not a favourite stamp because the butterflies are not as well defined as I'd like.  I decided to try blending these four metallic inks and was quite pleased with the impression.  I just wish I'd left the bottle of Liquid Pearls on the shelf.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment