Sunday, February 17, 2019

Flourished Tulip

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a lovely feminine birthday card.


The card base is The Paper Studio.  The image is Penny Black Delicate Florals coloured with a variety of Stampin' Up watercolour crayons then stamped on Recollections White.  The image panel is layered on Stampin' Up Rose Red and Old Olive, and more Recollections White.  The sentiment is Sweet & Sassy Birthday Greetings stamped in Old Olive.  The image is highlighted with Diamond Stickles.

My personal challenge for this commission is to use more stamped images and rely less on printed paper.  Not only have I been having a lot of fun experimenting with the image stamps in my stash but I've been using some tried and true techniques.  I've had this Penny Black set for eons but haven't used it all that often.  It's a red rubber cling stamp which works great with the watercolour crayon technique.  I love the flourished image which has the perfect spot for including a smaller sentiment.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment