Saturday, February 2, 2019

Purple Birthday Wishes

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a lovely purple birthday card that I will add to my stash.


The card base is Close To My Heart Pansy.  The image is Stampin' Up Remarkable You stamped in Versafine Onyx black on Recollections White and coloured with Old Olive, Garden Green, More Mustard, Elegant Eggplant and Orchid Opulence Stampin' Up Watercolor Crayons.  The image panel is layered on Recollections Black, a white of unknown origin and a shimmery purple of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Express Yourself stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on a white of unknown origin.

While I had the watercolour crayons out for an earlier card, I decided to watercolour a second image.  I actually lightly coloured the image then used a paint brush and water to smooth the colour out.  It's a great way to use watercolour crayons because it doesn't have to be 'perfect'.  I also find I have more control because I can be somewhat heavy handed with the water.  It's a great result!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment