Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Rose Bud Wishes

Hello everyone,

Today's post uses a favourite floral image.


The card base is The Paper Studio.  The image is Hero Arts Delicate Rose Stems stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White.  The image was coloured with Stampin' Up Rose Red and Old Olive watercolour crayons and is layered on Recollections Black.  The sentiment is Denami Design Upright Happy Birthday stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.

I've had this stamp in my stash for years.  I use it fairly often because it is particularly easy to colour.  In this case, I used watercolour crayons because they were already out.  I very lightly coloured the image and very judiciously added water with a paint brush.  You can use the same technique with watercolour pencil crayons.  The sentiment is another favourite wooden stamp.  The font is lovely and that it is a vertical stamp is a bonus.  I always use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig because it's a large stamp and can be challenging to get straight.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment