Monday, June 17, 2019

A Simple Hello

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a simple hello card.


The card base is The Paper Studio which was stamped with Stampin' Up Watercolor Wash in VersaMark and Stampin' Up Timeless Textures in Altenew Blush.  The image is Hero Arts Native Grass coloured with Tombow 158, 761 and 772, stamped on Recollections Vanilla, and layered on Close To My Heart Pixie and Garden Green.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Classic Messages stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.

Out of all the stamps I have in my stash, this one is, by far, the easiest to colour.  The scale is absolutely perfect for cards.  It is a more horizontal image which I particularly like.  I wanted to add some interest to the card base, without overshadowing the image, so decided to break out the VersaMark.  I wasn't particularly happy with the results so I over-stamped with another background image and the Altenew Blush.  It's is very, very subtle and isn't exactly what I had envisioned.  Still, a great result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment