Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Just For You

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another general purpose card.


The card base is The Paper Studio.  The sentiment and images are Stampin' Up Botanicals For You stamped in Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Crimson, Orchid, Rust and Thyme, and Starlite Black on Recollections White.  The image/sentiment panel is layered on Close To My Heart Grey Wool and Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy.  The embellishments are Recollections adhesive faux pearls.

When I've no particular commission or holiday cards to craft, I take advantage to play with supplies in my stash.  It should be no surprise that supplies from one card lead to the creation of another.  In this particular case, I had the Tsukineko inks on my desk and wanted to see what I could come up with.  I also thought it would be interesting to use some of the smaller images that I wouldn't normally be drawn to from a set that I chose for the sentiment.  It's a big, bold and wonderful sentiment!  The Starlite Black in which it was stamped adds a bit of shimmer that is particularly appealing and off-setting it to the left of the panel adds more interest.  These little flowers were perfect for adding tiny pearls and I think, brings all elements together.  It was a bit of a challenge to find suitable papers for layering, especially against the bright green card base.  It's a great result that took me out of my comfort zone.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle 

No comments:

Post a Comment