Friday, October 4, 2019

Funky Kitties

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a sweet kitty birthday card that will be part of the Christmas package I'm putting together for my brother's girlfriend.


The card base is Craft Smith.  The printed paper is Photoplay "Here Kitty Kitty" layered on Stampin' Up Basic Grey.  The sentiment is Verve Treasured Words stamped in Altenew Lava Rock and Velvet on Recollections Vanilla.  The twine is from Target.

This cat paper is just too fun!  I love the wide variety of colours which make coordinating solid layers really easy.  The two flat twine bows were a challenge and lead to an inordinate amount of cursing.  I wanted to use flat bows in the event that this card will be mailed but the holes were a little to close together and smaller than was needed.  Once committed however, I stuck with it even though it probably would have been easier to just start over.  On top of it all, my broken, though jury-rigged, corner rounder punch finally gave up the ghost.  I'm surprised at how much I like the result given the angst endured.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment