Saturday, January 11, 2020

A Retro Floral

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a fun floral birthday card.


The card base is Craft Smith.  The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Recollections Black.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Happy Birthday stamped in Altenew Jet Black on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more black.  The ribbon is American Crafts.

As soon as I came across this scrap of daisy paper I knew I'd craft a great birthday card.  I think these daisies are awesome!  I couldn't quite figure out which way was up with this paper as the shadow on the centers suggest it's upside down but the buds go every which way.  It took me a while to find the perfect yellow/gold ribbon for the bow.  I tried red and black ribbon too but the yellow/gold seemed to be the best fit.  It's a great result!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment