Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sweet Romance

Hello everyone,

I've taken advantage of Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch to create the third of three cards that I was commissioned to make for a colleague. He is proposing this Christmas and will use each of the cards below in his proposal. The holidays are a very special time for them and this proposal is to be a complete and utter surprise. He asked for three holiday cards that offered just a little extra-special sentiment. How romantic is that!


For this first card, I turned Karen's sketch sideways. The paper is from Fiskars and Recollections. The images are both Gina K Vintage Borders embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl. I found the placement of the images on Selma's card at Splitcoast. The sentiment is Stampabilities and it gives me the chills every time I use it. The ribbon is American Crafts.


This second card is one that I used for the Just Christmas and Birthday Cards blog design challenge. My colleague was very taken with this card and asked for cards with this feel. I figured if he liked it that much, I would just change the sentiment and he could have it. I used Stampin' Up Warm Words for the new sentiment, backing it with a couple of punched bits from my scrap bin.

This third card has more of the look and feel of what my colleague is expecting. I textured my card base with the Stampin' Up Sizzix Pattern 1 then highlighted with Pixie Dust Shimmerz. The cards combine my two current favourite techniques - alcohol ink and glamour dust - which I used on the three ornaments and a snowflake. I layered each ornament with Martha Stewart punched snowflakes. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Short and Sweet. The ribbon is white organza from Offray.

I really like all three cards. I tried to keep in mind Christmas romance and I think all three cards really convey that feeling without being three of exactly the same card.

I'm hoping my colleague loves them. Better yet, I'm hoping his girlfriend loves them. I'll be sure to keep you posted on her answer.

Enjoy the cards, and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle







2 comments:

  1. All three cards are very pretty....and for such a sweet moment! How very exciting! Great job with the Sweetest Sunday Sketch!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! What a fabulously romantic idea. And the cards are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete