Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 Favourites

Hello everyone,

Today's card is inspired by the current Crafty Cardmakers challenge which was to use a favourite from 2009. I thought this would be soooo easy but actually finding a favourite was really difficult. I've come across so many fantastic cardmaking things this year that it was hard to choose something.


Again, I started with the standard Halcraft card base. I used the Stampin' Up Medallion stamp in Bermuda Bay. The medallion was highlighted with Start Dust Stickles. The sentiment is Gina K Designs Tags Lines.
This is the first time since I started with Stampin' Up in 2006 that I absolutely fell in love with each and every In Colour. I couldn't wait to get my hands on each and every one. I also fell in love with this stamp. I find it indescribably striking. It is one of the first things I bought out of the new Stampin' Up catalogue. Another 2009 favourite is Stickles. I love Stickles and am hard-pressed not to use it on each and every card. The other thing I fell in love with this year was clean and simple cards. It has taken me a while to be able to craft a clean and simple card confidently. I've said it before but I am utterly inspired by Susan Raihala's Simplicity blog and look forward to each and every email update. Finally my most favourite thing in 2009 has to be blogging!
There are a ton of other favourite things in 2009 but I just couldn't fit them into one card. I love anything Glamour Dusted what a spectacular technique. I love Shimmerz especially when combined with a nice textured piece of cardstock. I also love the effect created by Ranger Adirondack Alcohol inks. When combined with Glamour Dust, nothing beats it. I absolutely fell in love with white organza ribbon. I stretched that recycled piece forever and am utterly thankful I found a new roll of it. I found some pretty awesome stamp sets and ribbon this year as well - far too many to name, let alone put onto a card. There is probably a whole lot more favourites from this year I just can't think of it off the top of my head.
I hope you enjoy this card and my list of favourites, may it inspire you to take out your own favourites and get crafty!
Gisèle

2 comments:

  1. this is brill, well done hun, thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a lot of detain in that stamp. It really has detailed every part of it.

    Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers

    Made By Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete