Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Caroline's Card

Hello everyone,

Today's card is a real hoot from yesterday's 365 Cards blog. You had to ask someone to pick five things for you to use in a card. I'm not sure what my daughter was thinking but I know not to let her loose without teaching her the intricacies of the colour wheel. She does readily admit that she was purposefully trying to make it difficult.


Caroline's background paper is DCWV All Dressed Up. The ribbon she chose is Holly Days from Michael's. She also chose the sentiment, Stampin' Up Curvy Verses. She also wanted me to use my scallop oval punch. Finally she put out Martha Stewart turquoise glitter. I pulled some off-white and turqoise paper out of my scrap bin.

This card is certainly out of my comfort zone but I figure it likely could have been so much worse. Thank goodness for glitter is all I can say because it makes everything pretty. When all is said and done, Caroline just loves the card and that makes me very happy indeed!

Please enjoy Caroline's Card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

3 comments:

  1. LOL she is too funny!!! :0) i only let my dh tell me what items to use and not pick out the actual papers and such! i think it is awesome that you let her pick exactly what you were to use *fantastic mommy that's what you are* :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, despite what is being picked, you certainly did a good job of it! Definitely, not your traditional Xmas card. Those santas are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me laugh out loud! I think my daughters would probably give me quite a challenge, too :) As for the card, I think it's lovely, and I'm so glad you played along and had fun with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete