Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pals Winter Ribbon Tree

Hello everyone,

Tonight's card came to me in the shower this morning. I think the idea is sound, this particular execution though, I think needs some adjusting. I decided this would be the perfect card to use in today's Pals Paper Arts challenge - a Winter Wonderland card.


I used the Michelle Zindorf technique for the background paper. I stamped Stampin' Up Serene Snowflakes and Snow Flurries in VersaMark then heat embossed with clear embossing powder after which I brayered with Stampin' Up's Brilliant Blue, Brocade Blue and Bordering Blue. The blue background paper is Stampin' Up Night of Navy. The ribbon is Offray Lovely Silver, Crafts Dollarama, Michaels Celebrate It Sheer Creations and Michaels Home and More. The snowflake brad is from Creative Impressions. The sentiment is Close To My Heart Christmas Scripts.

I just love Michelle Zindorf cards but have always hesitated to make them because I've no sense of how to brayer the perspective properly so the card actually works. It takes practise and I have to stop being afraid.

I know this card won't be for everyone. Not all shower ideas are actually worth executing. This has potential though so I'm inclined to try again. Maybe if I'd used all the same ribbon?????

Enjoy this Winter Wonderland card and come back to SPI again soon.
Gisèle

3 comments: