Friday, March 12, 2010

Another Clean & Simple Birthday

Hello everyone,

Today's card is based on a sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping. I find this blog to be particularly inspiring in terms of clean and simple cards.

The card base is Recollections as is the light blue paper which was textured with the Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl embossing folder. The brown strip is Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip. The image is Stampin' Up Oh, So Lovely and was highlighted with Turquoise Stickles. The ribbon is Celebrate It Dashes, Dots & Checks. The sentiment is Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages.

I love this card. The blue and brown is a favourite and classic colour combination. I had not intended to stamp the sentiment on the blue card stock but when I stamped in on the card I discovered that the rubber had been adhered to the wood block upside down. Needless to say I was not impressed but, thanks to Stampin' Up Crystal Effects, that error has been resolved.

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

3 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love that embossed background - one of my fav EF's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, card...I luv the colors..great job...have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue and brown is one of my favourite colour combos too and I love your card. (Glad other people stick things on upside down too...)

    ReplyDelete