Thursday, March 4, 2010

Friend

Hello everyone,

Today's card is born of two challenges - Eat Sleep Stamp provided an excellent sketch, while Color Chef Challenge provided the paper and ink selection of black, kraft and blue.


The card base is from Recollections. The paper is all Stampin' Up Basic Black, Kraft and Whisper White. All the Kraft elements are textured with Cuttlebug's Spots and Dots. The image, Hero Arts Pop Stems, is stamped in Stampin' Up Night of Navy and highlighted with Dark Blue Stickles. The sentiment is Gina K Tag, You're It!
I don't often do colour challenges but have decided I need to explore some new challenges. It is also very rare for me to use Kraft paper. I never think much of Kraft paper when I first look at it or as I start putting elements together but once the card is made, I find it striking. I couldn't resist this image when I found it. I could imagine so many interesting possibilities, especialy with all those circles just crying out for Stickles!
Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.
Gisèle

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome and I am glad you decided to play! I agree- those darn stickles would be a great addition!

    Thanks for playing with the Color Chef Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it came out so nice! i love that hero arts stamp. thanks for sharing! -Anthonette

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is goregous Gisele! What a fantastic color combo. You rocked this weeks sketch as well. Thanks so much for joining us for Sketchy Thursday!! Hugs, Tracy

    ReplyDelete