Sunday, June 27, 2010

365 Favourites

Hello everyone,

Today's card is inspired by Friday's 365 Cards challenge which was to use five favourites. This is always really difficult for me because my favourites often depend upon the card I'm making. I have favourites for Birthday cards, Christmas cards, Wedding cards, and the list goes on. We have a couple of weddings this fall so I decided I would craft a favourites wedding card.

My favourite colour is blue. My favourite wedding sentiment is Penny Black Full of Life. My favourite card shape is a 5" x 6 1/2" rectangle. My favourite tool is my Big Shot. My favourite embellishment is Hero Arts Pearls.

The navy background paper is Recollections which is layered with a piece of BasicGrey Marrakesh textured with Sizzix Pattern 1. The pattern strip is also BasicGrey Marrakesh. The sentiment, on Stampin' Up Whisper White, is layered on another piece of navy Recollections which has been textured with Moroccan Screen.

This is not a traditional wedding card but the couple for which it has been made, has a pretty spectacular collection of elephants so I felt it was emminently suitable. I love this sentiment because it is very heartfelt without being super mushy. I think this couple will love the card!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment