Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sincere Sympathy

Hello everyone,

I found out yesterday that the father of a close colleague passed away on the weekend. That in itself is sad but, what makes it even more wrenching, is that her mother passed away in early May. I made her a card when her mother passed and knew I wanted to make another for her father's passing.

The background and printed paper are BasicGrey Ambrosia layered with Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White. The bottom layer is textured with the Sizzix Flourish embossing plate. The image is Impression Obsession Flowers. The sentiment is Verve Forever In Our Hearts. The embellishments are Hero Arts Pearls.

This card fulfills three challenges. Technostampers Monday Lunchtime Sketch provided the sketch. Monday's Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog was looking for pearls and swirls. Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge asked for any type of embossing.

I know I've said before that you shouldn't love a sympathy card but I do so love this card. I really like the warmth of these colours and chose them because my colleague often wears similar colours. As I said yesterday, I also love these Hero Arts pearls which add a wonderful touch elegance. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to lose both your parents within months of one another but I do hope that this card will provide some small comfort.

Please come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gisèle and a warm welcome to our challenge thank you for sharing with us at ooh la la such a beautiful card, I am so sorry that it is for such a sad occassion but I am sure your
    colleague will appreciate the thought you have put into your card which makes it special
    I do hope we see you again
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no problem loving a sympathy card and I love this one too. How pretty, the background papers are beautiful. And what a clean and simple image in the focal box to go with it. Love it. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gisele, this is beautiful! Wonderful colors and design! The embossed base is a great look! I am sure it will offer some comfort! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sympathy card Gisele!!! The embossed BG looks wonderful! Thank you for playing along with us! ~S~

    ReplyDelete