Saturday, July 31, 2010

To Have & To Hold

Hello everyone,

One of my husband's young colleagues is getting married next weekend so a card was needed. I didn't want to do something really traditional so I thought outside the box. I used Friday's Get Sketchy Card Challenge as a jumping off point. Today's Just Us Girls challenge was a wedding card and the One Stop Craft Challenge was looking for texture. For good measure, this week's Paper Play Challenge was 'anything goes'. How could I go wrong?

The background paper, textured with Sizzix Pattern 1, was part of the stash I got at the crop I attended last May. The patterned layer is affixed to a piece of Stampin' Up Shimmery White. The ribbon is Sheer Creations from Michael's. The sentiment, stamped on another piece of Shimmery White, is American Crafts Wedding. The embellishments are Crafts from the dollar store. The entire card was Vanilla Smooch Spritzed.

This is not quite what I pictured in my mind. I don't hate this card but it isn't a favourite. I love the colours together but I don't think it is enough of a wedding card for me. That being said, I suspect my husband's colleague will love it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love the CAS layout, beautiful. Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gisele, you should be proud of this beautiful creation, even if it isn't quite what you had planned :) I love the embossed, rich red background and the black and white bottom strip is lovely! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with the wedding wild card challenge at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Giséle! Gorgeous design and colour combination! I love all the embellishing and texture too! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of the Shimmery White cs for wedding cards! So soft and shimmery! I love the colors...so non-traditional and you made it work with the senitment and sheer ribbon! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card so love the colours thank you for joining our challenge at OSCC this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete