Thursday, October 21, 2010

Asian Travels

Hello everyone,

Today's card is another commission. It is for a colleague who has a friend travelling to Asia and she wants to give a card. I used today's Eat, Sleep, Stamp sketch as a starting point and turned to my paper for inspiration.

The background paper is Close To My Heart Garnet which was textured with Cuttlebug's Oriental Weave. The horizontal strips are DCWV Far East Stack. The image, Stampin' Up Asian Artistry, was coloured with watercolour crayons and misted with water before being stamped on a scrap of Very Vanilla layered on a piece of DCWV Luxury Stack. The sentiment, also from Asian Artistry, was stamped in Nick Bantock Charcoal Grey, cut with a punch and layers on scraps of DCWV Luxury Stack.

I love this card. It is perfectly Asian and so natural. I know my colleague's friend will love it. I think this stamp set is one of my favourites. The images not only lend themselves wonderfully to the watercolour crayon technique, but are so beautiful and easy to incorporate into cards.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. WOW Gisele! This is beautiful. The watercolor crayons truly make this image breath taking. I love what you did with teh sketch too. Thank you for playing along this week!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete