Saturday, October 2, 2010

Holly Christmas

Happy World Card Making Day!

I want to take a quick moment to thank everyone who follows I SPI. Today is it's first anniversary and it has been a really wonderful year of blogging. Thanks so much for following along.

There were just a ton of great challenges in the blogosphere today. Almost too many to choose from so I expect you'll see quite a few over the next week. As I said yesterday, I've really got my Christmas card making mojo going so that's exactly what I've crafted today. My jumping off point was today's Card Patterns sketch.


The background paper is Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler. The patterned layer is Provo Craft Creating Keepsakes Holly Argyle. The sentiment, Impression Obsessions Christmas Sentiments, stamped on a scrap of Very Vanilla and cut with a Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio. The ribbon is Offray Firefly Gold.

I just love this card! Holly is one of my favourite Christmas symbols and this is lovely piece of paper. I wish I'd bought more than one sheet. The ribbon is really more burnished than it appears in the photo and suits the card beautifully.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love the simplicity of this and that ribbon you used. Thanks for playing along with us on Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete